Current government restrictions
This guidance is for England only, if you are travelling to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland over the holidays, check before as different rules may apply.
The government has not implement restrictions on Christmas gatherings. However the rapid spread of the new Omicron variant risks overwhelming hospitals and emergency services. You are therefore being advised to scale back your interactions with others before and during the festive period.
To prevent the spread of the virus
- Limit social interactions with others
- Stay socially distanced if meeting others
- Meet outdoors
- Take a test before attending an event
- Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Wash your hands regularly and cover coughs and sneezes
- Get your booster jab or book your first or second vaccination