The Healthwatch Committee sets the agenda for and oversees all of Healthwatch Richmond’s work.
Its members engage with key stakeholders including the Richmond Clinical Commissioning Group and London Borough of Richmond to review major changes to services and policies and to oversee the quality of local care.
The role is an exciting and interesting way to find out about the care that Richmond’s population receives and to make a difference to the things that matter to local people.
All members of the committee should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of health, social care and voluntary sector services in Richmond
- Good, independent judgment, objectivity and impartiality
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute actively to discussion and debate
- An ability to think creatively and criticise constructively
- A commitment to upholding the Nolan principles for conduct in public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
- An ability to work as a member of a team, while contributing an independent perspective
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to being an effective Healthwatch Committee member.
The Committee meets in the early evening 6-8 times a year.
Healthwatch Committee members are encouraged to also become Enter & View representatives so that they can participate in our project work and reviews. Find out more about Enter & View Reps
To apply please send a short CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the role description and person specification to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org; or,
- Healthwatch Richmond, 82 Hampton Road, Twickenham, TW2 5QS.
Application will be considered when they are received
Interviews will be arranged with applicants on a first come first served basis as applications are received