What can you use NHS login and app for?
By using the NHS login and app you can:
- view your NHS number
- register your organ donation decision
- view your health record
- get health advice
- book appointments with your GP
- order repeat prescriptions
- share your COVID-19 status
- message your GP online
- access health services on behalf of someone you care for
- view your hospital and other healthcare appointments
- view and manage care plans
Who can use this service?
To use this service you must be:
- registered with a GP surgery in England
- aged 13 and over
Getting started with your NHS App and Login
Setting up an account
To get started you will need to set up an NHS account. In order to do that you will need:
- an email address
- a UK mobile phone number
You will be sent an email to confirm your email address, once you have clicked on the link by email you will be prompted to login. Once you have logged in a 6 digit security code to your mobile which you will be asked to input in your device. A security code will be needed to log in every time, unless you select ‘remember this device and stop sending security codes’.
Downloading the app (optional)
- You can download the app to your phone or tablet via the App Store (for Apple devices) and Google Play (for Android devices)
- You cannot download the app on your computer but you can access it from the browser on your desktop or laptop computer
Connecting your health records to your account
To access some websites and apps, you may need to provide some additional information to prove who you are. This is so we can connect you to your NHS record and protect your health information.
This may include your:
- date of birth
- NHS number
For more information on managing your account click here.