The NHS, Richmond Council, voluntary sector and Healthwatch have launched a two-year plan to meet the health and care needs of people living in Richmond.
The Richmond Health and Care Plan, which has been developed with local people, aims to give everyone the best start in life, help people to live healthier lives and be better connected to their local community.
This new partnership plan will help patients get better care and support and help them to avoid having to re-tell their story every time they encounter a new health or social care service. It will also ensure that different parts of the system share appropriate information to help improve the care local people receive.
Their aspiration for the people of Richmond is that they Start Well, Live Well and Age Well.
The priority areas for improvement which the programme has identified are:
- Improve the mental wellbeing and resilience of children and young people
- Support young people with SEND and complex health & care needs to flourish and be independent
- Reduce obesity to improve the health of our children and young people
- Support people to stay healthy and manage their long-term health conditions
- Promote mental wellbeing and support those who experience poor mental health to avoid mental health crisis
- Reduce health inequalities for people with learning disabilities
- Encourage active, resilient and inclusive communities that promote healthy ageing and reduce loneliness and isolation
- Support people to live at home independently, for as long as possible including people with dementia
- Support people to plan for their final years so they have a dignified death in a place of their choice
Carers and prevention (across all life stages)
We will take action to improve our practice in identifying and recognising carers of all ages so they are linked to appropriate support options, enabling carers to reduce the social, financial and health impacts they face
Work with and enable communities and individuals to lead healthy lives and have confidence to care for themselves and others