Highlights of the 2014-15 year for Healthwatch Richmond:
- Through 63 outreach sessions and visits, and 4 public events, we engaged with and spoke to over 1000 people
- We sent 67 bulletins and newsletters giving people information on 220 opportunities to have their say in NHS and social care issues
- We interviewed over 100 patients through 34 visits to 6 wards at West Mid Hospital and worked with staff to turn patient experiences into meaningful change
- We undertook 10 visits to 5 GP practices with another phase of visits already completed in 2015/16
- We challenged the regulation of supported living environments at a national level
- We worked with Richmond Council, Richmond CCG, CQC and NHS England to coordinate our activity, identify and shape local services.
- We were used as an example of good practice nationally for Healthwatch.