Lock Road Surgery is located in Ham and has a sister practice, Seymour House Surgery, in Richmond. There are 13,600+ patients registered between Lock Road and Seymour House. The staff team at Lock Road includes six Doctors, three Nurses, one Healthcare Assistant and a phlebotomist. There is one practice manager who provides management for both practices.
- We asked that the practice ensure that there is clear signage outside the building, which advertises the name and opening hours of the surgery
- The reception desk during our visits was very busy with patients. During one of our visits it was observed that the practice ran out of chairs for patients to sit on and was overcrowded
- It was observed that that patients were not able to have confidential conversations with the receptionist as patients were queuing close to the desk
- The practice provided useful information for patients, which was clearly displayed on a table and on notice boards around the waiting room. However, we did not observe information provided in other languages, despite there being patients whom English was not a first language
- The majority of patients told us that booking appointments was easy, that they had been able to book with the GP of their choice and they could always get appointments when they needed them.
- The current method of promoting the online appointment booking service is ineffective, so we recommended that the practice improve the promotion of the online system to make the process simpler for patients who would like to use this service
- Perceptions about the staff overall were generally positive: however some patients felt that the staff could be dismissive
- The majority of patients felt that they were involved in their care and treatment and said that they would recommend the practice
You may also wish to read the report of the satellite practice, Seymour House Surgery.
For further information please read our full report on Lock Road Surgery available below.
Reviewing GP services
In total we reviewed just under half the GP Surgeries located in the borough. Are you interested in reading the reports of the other GP practices we have visited?